Showcase Profiles Submission Form
What you do matters. Review profile examples.
The Innovative Teaching Showcase spotlights WWU instructors' best practices in pedagogy, instructional technologies, and expanded learning environments. This year's theme is "Engaging Social Justice." While only a few can be fully featured each year, clearly there are many educators doing this essential work. This year's Showcase will include a Profiles page to expand the view of their work at WWU. Please submit a short summary describing how your course/curriculum utilizes social justice, including but not limited to the following:
- highlighting themes of social justice, equity, inclusion, and/or democratic engagement in course content or materials;
- making space for challenging discussions among peers and professionals around issues of diversity, current events, and society;
- using instructional methods that facilitate exploration of identities;
- designing projects that encourage students to engage with diverse communities and develop cultural competence;
- facilitating activities that promote understanding of privilege and oppression;
- developing assignments that help students identify and confront patterns of inequality or discrimination.
Please keep your submission between 100-200 words. You are welcome to include a URL/link to additional online materials. Alternatively, the CIIA will draft a summary, to be approved by you, based on your materials. Email attachments (or submissions) to: email@example.com